Sunday, October 14, 2012

ALL THE STEALTH COSPLAYS! (...Or not.)

Hi, guys! I have ALL THE STEALTH COSPLAYS for you today-it'll be a pretty long and pic-heavy post, but I hope that you enjoy seeing my spins on the outfits as much as I am enjoying putting them together and wearing them. 
First, a little more sci-fi, to match my Doctor Who post:
Star Trek TOS uniform!
Red fishnet shirt-Buffalo Exchange
Black tank-Forever21
Red and black lace skirt-Repeat Boutique
Galaxy-print leggings-Cosmic
Black Doc Marten-alikes-Wal-Mart
Here's the original dress:
Those dresses were so short, all the ladies on the show wore matching bloomers because they pretty much couldn't have moved without flashing someone otherwise! 

Here's the next one, a little more loose, but inspired by Cosette from Les Miserables:
Black and white empire waist dress-Buffalo Exchange
White tights-Wal-Mart
Ghillies-Arc
Here's the original dress-it's a lot more elaborate. Cosette gets a bad rap, but I actually quite like her. I am very excited to see the Les Mis movie when it comes out, as I am a huge musical dork and love all the actors in the movie!
So not as close as some others, but the dress looks 1830s-ish, and the color palette is the same. It is a stealth cosplay, after all! :D

The final one is a little more obscure, but I feel like a lot of you would love (or possibly already do!) Alexia Tabarotti from Gail Carriger's Soulless:
Goggles-Goodwill
Black tank-Wal-Mart
Black velvet corset-Buffalo Exchange
Purple taffeta skirt-Made by me
Black ruffled underskirt-Buffalo Exchange
Chunky black shoes-Goodwill


Her being a book character, I don't have as much material to draw from-but I loved the purple color scheme on the cover, and I decided to base the outfit on that. This really is one of my favorite books-Alexa Tabarotti is a strongly constructed character, being by turns stubborn, brave, prickly, and dryly witty. The whole series is fantastic-great action, very funny, wonderful characters, and a really well-done romance. I highly recommend them if you haven't read them.
I was originally just going to do one week of stealth cosplays, but I find myself liking them so much that I think I shall continue them for at least a little while longer. Stay tuned for more tomorrow! And thanks for your patience with my irregular posting schedule, lovelies-I appreciate you all, and am so grateful to you for reading my blog. Cheers! 

3 comments:

  1. Wow, so creative! Your style is so individual and awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you're able to clearly draw inspiration from the "original" and yet still interpret it in such a way that is uniquely you! Amazing fashion as always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been meaning to read that book for a while now! Your outfit for it is gorgeous!

    I love that you seem to have so much fun with your wardrobe. That is awesome.

    ~M~

    ReplyDelete