Friday, October 26, 2012

An Announcement

As you all may have noticed, I haven't been blogging very frequently lately. I feel like my format has gotten repetitive and my posts aren't really bringing anything new or interesting to my readers. Also, as I approach my 21st birthday, I feel less like a "girl" every day. I enjoy blogging and sharing my style and thoughts with the internet, but I don't enjoy it in the format I have been doing it in any more. As a result, I'm stopping blogging here at Geeky Goth Girl and shifting it to a new, hopefully better and more interesting website: Silks, Stays, and Shadow-Truths. I do hope all of my lovely readers will follow me there! So, how will this blog be different from the old one? Well, in a number of ways:
*Rather than an "outfit of the day" format, I will do "styling posts", focusing on a single element or clothing item (stripes or vests, for example) and looking at a number of different ways to wear it or variations you can find in it.
*In addition to my own outfits, I hope to incorporate more outfits from others, as well as items and ideas for things people can buy or do, based around the chosen theme. I feel like including inspirational/aspirational outfits and pictures will allow me to connect with more readers and fellow bloggers.
*I want to do more posts about sewing. I am also starting a journey as a corset-maker, and want to chronicle that and share it with all of you. Hence the "silks and stays" part of the title.
*I'm hoping to address more serious topics, such as feminism, civil rights, portrayals of women in the media, and the like. I feel like such posts don't really fit with the "mainly outfits" scope of my current blog, and want to incorporate them more into regular blogging.
*Finally, I want to talk more about my journey as a writer. I'm hoping to participate in NaNoWriMo this year for the first time, and I would love to share that progress with people and write more about the writing process and what I discover about myself as a writer while doing it.
So, thanks, kids. It's been a great ride. I've maintained this blog for a year and a half and a hundred and forty posts, during which I grew and changed immensely as a person. I went to New Zealand and came back to Colorado, and made amazing new friends all over the world through the Goth blog-o-sphere. I shared my 20th birthday with you all, and I'm certainly hoping you'll come with me to the new blog so I can share the 21st. Kindest regards to all of my followers; thank you so much for all the support, encouragement, and just general awesomeness you have offered me. A special shout-out to the amazing VictorianKitty at SophistiqueNoir, without whom I would never have made it this far. Few successful and popular bloggers remember "the little guys" but she seeks out blogs without many followers and offers help and encouragement to them, and helps connect the community through her blogging events. Thanks, Kitty. I never could have done it without you! So not farewell, but adieu, my lovely followers; may we meet again VERY soon. See you on the other side. <3 

4 comments:

  1. Glad you'll still be blogging, Jamie. Link to your new site?

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! Your post totally made my night. :) I'm honored that other bloggers see me as a source of inspiration - it's something I never expected when I started Sophistique Noir. Every Goth blog I read is an inspiration to me, too, and you guys help keep me going when I begin to wonder if it's worth the effort on top of a busy, busy life. This community is *most definitely* worth the effort!

    I know your new blog will rock, and will open up new opportunities for you to grow while informing and entertaining your readers. I'm looking forward to reading your new chapter!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excited to follow you on your new blogging adventure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going over to check out your new blog right now. Good for you for starting it. It can be really intimidating to abandon a project to start a new one. I'm glad you had the guts to do it!

    ReplyDelete